|Length of surgery:||Approximately 2 hours|
|Type of anesthesia:||Local anesthesia|
|Hospital stay:||Not necessary / outpatient|
|After surgery:||Intense recovery period of 2 weeks, sports & strenuous physical activities after 6 weeks|
Our face is the main focus of our appearance and personality. Therefore, it should be kept fresh, unlined and young, for as long as possible. No wonder that anti-wrinkle treatments are becoming increasingly popular in Germany. Last year alone, the Gesellschaft für Ästhetische Chirurgie Deutschland e. V. registered around 50 000 anti-wrinkle treatments by its members. Nevertheless, the moment comes when creams, peeling and fillers won’t suffice.
With the passing of time, the elastic fibers of the skin tend to relax, and the fat deposits of the face to sink. The result: excess skin at the chin-jaw-line and sagging, tired-looking skin and facial expression. In such cases, only a lift can help restore a younger appearance. However, many people are still uncomfortable with the idea of undergoing such a massive and “bloody” procedure. The gentle alternative, completely without scalpel, is known as thread lift.
During this procedure, special threads are inserted into the skin whose task is to lift the skin and restore it to its original position. The secondary welcome effect is that new tissue is formed around the lifting threads, resulting in an additional tightening of the skin. The difference to the traditional facelift is that there are no wounds that have to be stitched. The result is convincing. The thread lift is ideal for those who want to “restore” the first signs of the aging process without any annoying incisions.
Aptos Lifting / Silhouette Soft / Thread Lifting
“Lifting” is the English word used for “raising”, “facelifting” means “raising the face”. In aesthetic surgery, it is the collective name used for any kind of procedure which “lifts” sagging skin and smoothens wrinkles. In general, it requires a complicated surgical procedure during which specific skin areas are raised, tightened, partially removed and sewn on again
The new Aptos lifting method requires only very small incisions and is carried out under local anesthesia. Special threads introduced into the skin are responsible for the lifting.
In Germany, there are different names used to describe this relatively new lifting procedure::
- “Aptos” is the name the discoverer of this method, the Muscovite physician and surgeon D. Marlen Sulamandize gave to his lifting threads. He derived the word “Aptos” from the scientific term “antiptosis”, as “ptosis” means hanging, “antiptosis” prevent hanging, it raises, it lifts. Aptos and lifting are therefore words with a similar meaning.
- “Softlifting” describes a great advantage of the new procedure: it is gentle and careful. However, the word “softlifting” is rarely used to refer to the Aptos lift because it is also used for methods that cannot be considered real lifting methods, since they only treat superficially or in an isolated manner.
- “Thread Lifting” refers to the fact that special fine threads are introduced into the skin, lifting it. This should not be confused with the filling up of wrinkles by means of threads. It must also be distinguished from the gold thread lift or gold lift which stabilizes the tissue, but cannot be compared to the Aptos threads. Thread lift does not mean either that wounds occur which have to be sewn using threads.
Advantages of Aptos Lifting / Silhouette Soft / Thread Lifting
Immediately visible lifting effect No incisions, only tiny needle punctures: practically no scars left No general anesthesia You can get up immediately after the treatment, no bed rest, no stay in hospital Very rare occurrence of pain after the treatment. If there is pain, it is easy to treat with regular analgesics Very small inflammation risk Rapid healing Additional effect due to the formation of new connective tissue
Risks and side effects
As with any other surgical procedure, there are also risks with an Aptos lifting, which, however, very rarely occur:
- More or less strong burning during and after the treatment. Infection and / or reddening of the treated areas.
- Incompatibility reaction to the material used
- Irregular results
However: if necessary, the Aptos threads can also be removed.
Whether a lifting with Aptos threads is really the suitable method for you, can only be decided after careful examination and consultation.
However, there are alternative methods for the treatment of wrinkles, such as implantation procedures or laser treatments (Fraxel).
Detailed description of the treatment
Aptos Lifting (also called Silhouette Soft or Thread Lifting) is a new, non-invasive anti-wrinkle treatment method.
|The new principle: threads with dents
A decisive novelty of the Aptos Lifting are the fine, water-blue, 85 mm long special threads, covered with tiny cones. These are like little teeth oriented towards the middle of the thread. The threads are made of a synthetic material that has long been used in surgery.
The Aptos threads are inserted into the skin in a bow-string shape and then tightened: The skin is lifted with the thread which is held in place by the tiny cones. The stronger the bow-string shape in which the thread is introduced, the stronger is the effect. In addition to the immediate effect of Aptos Lifting, new connective tissue is generated around the lifting threads during the healing phase, which contributes to an even tighter skin.
How is the treatment with Aptos threads performed?
- After targeting areas on your face that need to be lifted, the physician draws out the path of the thread on your face.
- Local anesthesia
- A fine cannula is inserted along the drawn line underneath the lower fat tissue.
- Subsequently, an Aptos thread is introduced into the hollow cannula.
- The cannula is carefully extracted, leaving the Aptos thread inside the tissue.
- The physician then pulls one end and then the other end of the Aptos thread, thus producing the desired lifting effect.
- The ends of the threads are then cut, disappearing under the skin.
The steps 3 to 7 are repeated for every thread. Three to four threads are usually used for the Aptos lifting of one cheek. The insertion and tightening of a thread only lasts a few minutes.
Aptos Lifting / Silhouette Soft / Thread Lifting
Patients can go back home after the Aptos Lifting, but they should not drive.
Swellings on the treated areas disappear after a few days. No follow-up treatment is necessary and only two check-ups have to be done: one week after the treatment and the second one after a month.
The treated area should not be massaged for six weeks.
go to Sweat gland removal